Pivotal Physical Therapy & Wellness Center is a proud licensed provider of the WorkSTEPS® program, the leading provider of functional employment testing in the nation. Pivotal offers a comprehensive range of services to many employers in the region including:
- Post-offer evaluation and screening
- Fit-for-Duty (return to work) evaluation
- Agility test for current employees
- Back School (back injury prevention education)
- Job site analysis
- Job site revision
- Ergonomic evaluation
- Stretching program (cost determined by service)
The WorkSTEPS® protocol used at Pivotal is ADA / EEOC-compliant and provides a selective hiring process that:
- Is based on objective measures
- Is reliable and defensible
- Matches safe and physically qualified individuals to their jobs
- Prevents injuries and associated costs
- Measures the extent of pre-existing conditions
- Disqualifies 7–12% of applicants based on essential function fail rate
- Reduces turnover
- Provides ergonomic education
- Virtually eliminates fraudulent claims
- Provides a pass/fail score on every test
Job Site Analysis
A functional job analysis is developed for each job based on observation of the task performed and employee feedback. Risk factors such as repetition, force and awkward posture are evaluated for each task.
The job analysis can be used for:
- Determining essential job functions
- Hiring decisions
- Rate-of-pay decisions
- Development of light-duty positions
- Facilitating a successful return to work
Functional Capacity Exams
A functional capacity evaluation (FCE) evaluates an individual’s capacity to perform work activities related to his or her participation in employment.
The FCE process compares the individual’s health status, body functions and structures to the demands of the job and the work environment.
In essence, an FCE’s primary purpose is to evaluate a person’s ability to participate in work and assist in determining impairment rating, although other instrumental activities of daily living that support work performance may also be evaluated.
Who can benefit from an FCE?
- Employees injured at the workplace
- Victims injured in a catastrophic motor vehicle accident
- Individuals with a history of illness or injury seeking new employment